Friday, January 21, 2011

10 days

        It is so hard for me to believe I leave for Mozambique in just 10 days. To say time flies would be a huge understatement. Why am I stressing over this so much? I have been to Africa enough to know what to expect; the living conditions, climate and culture. Maybe it's the article below on flooding in Mozambique. Maybe I just don't want to forget that one little item I know would make life a little easier, but I know it's impossible to get in Moz. Perhaps it's leaving the comforts of American culture I have taken for granted so much. Then again, maybe I know deep down that it's not about any of that, it's really about putting all of my faith in the God who calls me to do what I don't think I'm capable. However, I know the true reason for the anxiety is leaving family, brothers and friends for a few years.

        This past month has been a true blessing and I hope all of you realize how much I love you. In order to do this it has truly taken the support of so many people. Perhaps there is a lesson in all this. I keep returning to the words of Jesus in Matthew 18 "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children..."; to be totally dependent, completely joyful, forgiving, energetic, living life one minute at a time. Yes, perhaps that is the call for all of us. 



Nation Prepares for Worst Floods in 10 Years

http://allafrica.com/stories/201101200883.html

         Don't forget to subscribe to this blog. Just scroll down and type in your e-mail on the left. You will receive regular updates to this blog. From now on they should be coming quite regularly as long as I have internet access in Mozambique.

         Also, the big race, "Miles for Moz", is in 8 days. Go to this website to register and find out more. http://milesformoz.weebly.com/index.html

No comments: