Thursday, July 11, 2013

New Five Ton Trailer

I know it has been a while since I last posted and many people have been asking me if I was feeling well. Thankfully, my health is good and I have no excuse other than the busyness of each day here in Amatongas. However, the kids finish their second tri-mester exams today and will be away for a few weeks beginning next week, so I thought I would begin posting again. Get ready for many posts in the next few weeks in no particular order as there's a great deal to write about and update.

My first post is a thank you post. We are really blessed to have many people helping us do the work we do each day. A few months ago the Ruckstuhl Foundation in Baton Rouge provided us with this new 5 ton trailer. The trailer is used almost everday transporting corn and bean crops from our big farm about 5 kilometers from the mission. It has become essential to our future goal of self-sustainability. However, that's not the entire story. We also help the local people bring in crops as well as transporting many things like bricks, sand, rocks, wood, coal and it has even been used to transport people for funerals.
 
As always, the local kids lend a hand. Always a group effort in Amatongas.



The trailer and tractor make a big impression in our village each day

The local brickmaker with 8,000 bricks


No comments: