Thursday, November 4, 2010

Amatongas Bound visits Cristo Rei

We had a great visit today with the students, teachers and administrators at Cristo Rei, a school in Marilia with about 1600 students ranging from 6 to 19 years of age. We talked to them about our new mission school in Amatongas, Mozambique. It was a great visit and we felt such love and support from everyone we met today. We look forward to a great relationship with this beautiful and huge Brothers of the Sacred Heart school.




I felt so guilty after my last blog post I have to include some of the better pictures of Marlia. It is a beautiful city with a tropical feel to it, palm trees and parrots everywhere. On my walk to school everyday I come across some incredible flowering trees pictured below.

Finally for today, I leave you with an image I found on the internet. Just in case you were wondering if Amatongas was a bit remote. I'm not sure how often the train runs, but I'll tell you in less than three months.



No comments: