Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Prayer (Ação de Graças)

I offer thanks to God for constantly challenging me to be better than I think I'm capable, for giving me the strength and courage to say yes again and again. The result has been an awesome life. 

I offer thanks to my family for putting up with my absences, for always giving me that "coming home" love we can only get from our family. I am missing you all today. 

I offer thanks to my fellow Brothers of the Sacred Heart, for my local community whose prayers I feel strengthened by each day, and for the Institute of Brothers throughout the world who strive to live the Sacred Heart each day. This year I especially give thanks for the Brothers here in Brasil who have shown the true spirit of brotherhood through hospitality.

I offer thanks to my friends who support me in so many ways, for their dedication to their own families and the example they are to me.

At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike.
Matt. 11-25


Note: I made a sweet potato pie for the brothers. Had to make evaporated milk from scratch, none in Brasil. We'll see how it comes out, but that awesome smell filled the house.  Oh, and I can smell the Cajun Fried Turkey from here. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :)

Anonymous said...

I just added your web page to my favorites. I like reading your posts. Thanks!